Are you looking for a team building event with a difference?
Do you want to inject a bit more energy into your team building days? Fed up with the usual office-based ice breakers? Then head out to the farm for a team building experience that you won’t forget…
So, who are we?
Wellies-On is based on a farm and offers educational and therapeutic opportunities to many isolated and disadvantaged individuals and groups. The farm is a 40-acre mixed livestock farm based in Abberton just outside of Colchester in the heart of the Essex countryside.
What do we offer?
We have a very experienced team with heaps of enthusiasm. We can deliver half day or full day team building experiences. The emphasis is on learning together, achieving together and of course having fun! All the team building games we play are themed around the farm, using straw bales, barrows, sheep and more! All the games encourage problem solving skills, team working, communication and listening skills.
Games include: Straw bale races, sheep herding, needle in a haystack, wheel barrow obstacle course plus many more!
What does a typical team building day look like?
The day begins at 10am, time to grab a cuppa before heading out around the farm to meet the animals. The morning usually consists of two or three team games; we can discuss your needs in more detail prior to your visit to ensure the games we choose will be right for your team. The morning ends at around about 12.30 if you have chosen just a half-day session your day ends here with a 15-minute group reflection.
If you are staying for a full day you are welcome to bring your own pack up, or a buffet lunch can be supplied. The afternoon begins again between 1.15 and 1.30 and continues with more group games before coming together at 2.30 for a group reflection, how did it go, what did you learn? How can you take this back into your work place? The day finishes at 3pm.
Examples of team building activities (not a complete list!)
- Sheep herding – not as simple as it sounds, work together to get the flock from one enclosure across a field (round the odd obstacle) and into another enclosure. Communication skills, patience and determination you’ll need them all!
- Scavenger hunt – follow the clues around the farm, compete in teams, be the first to reach the final destination
- Fire lighting – no matches, no lighters just some good old fashioned bush craft skills. Just remember there will be no cuppa until the fires lit and the kettles boiled!
- ‘Strawgloos’ – exactly what it says construct an igloo from straw bales, must be able to fit your entire team in!
- Welly wanging! – let all of that pent-up frustration go, who cab lob the welly the furthest. It’s not all about strength, technique is vital too!
- Egg launching – use a selection of random items to create the perfect and most effective egg launching device! Compete against colleagues
- Map the farm! – using paper, pens and maybe a blob or two of plasticine create a scale (ish) map of the farm! (no Google earth allowed!)
- Obstacle course – the skys the limit, blindfolded or not, tied together or not, gets over, under and round a variety of farmyard equipment!
- Tug of war – need we say more!
- Campfire cookery – learn to cook in the great outdoors
- Pig herding and moving – very intelligent creatures but alas not hugely compliant, good luck!
- Wheel barrow race – lets be big kids!
- Scarecrow competition – go on… release your creative side!
As well as the silly games above there are plenty of opportunities to get up close and personal with the animals…
- Groom the goats
- Meet the ponies
- Hand milking
- Chicken handling
Maybe you would like to help with one of our projects such as…
- Putting up new fences
- Clearing hedges
What does it all cost?
Our minimum booking is for six people.
- Half-day session – £30 per person
- Full day session – £55 per person
- Lunch prepared by us – £3.50 per person
All prices are subject to VAT
Health and Safety
We take health and safety very seriously. All our activities are risk assessed thoroughly and all of our staff have received appropriate training including first aid. We have public liability insurance. If you would like copies of our risk assessments, please ask.
If you would like any further information or would like to discuss a more bespoke package please contact us.