Experiencing a visit to Wellies On really does feed your senses! A typical tour can last between one and two hours, we walk around our wheelchair accessible site encouraging people to interact with all areas of the farm. We can also offer a variety of indoor based farm activities if the weather is bad.
Previous visits have included Day Centres, Brownies, Guides, Residential Care Homes, educational visits, birthday parties and catering colleges.
Therapeutic Visits for Groups
Wellies On offer farm tours to small groups (minimum 6 people). The tour lasts approximately 1 1/2 hours and includes the following:
- A designated member of staff for the duration of the visit
- Meeting and feeding dairy goats (depending on the time of the visit this may include the chance to see them being milked)
- A talk about the dairy herd and how we use the milk on the farm.
- Chicken handling and talk
- Meet the pygmy goats
- Feeding the farm pigs
- Meet the ponies
We offer extra activities for an additional cost. These activities include:
- Up close and personal with the goats, the opportunity to get in with the goats and groom them
- Preparing snacks for the chickens as an enrichment activity (seeded apples, hanging vegetables).
- Farm based art work (make a clay animal, sketching in the goat barn)
- Pony grooming (for a group of 6 – 8)
- Dog walking / exercising around the fields (a great way to encourage gentle exercise)
Wellies On offer educational visits to schools and pre schools. We have four main areas that link some of the farm activities to the curriculum. These are:
- Farmer for the day – which includes caring for the goats, stable management, chicken chores and the pig patch;
- Food and farming – which includes a milking demonstration and tasting, egg collecting and sewing and growing;
- Wildlife and farms – which includes hedgerow habitats, from foxes to lizards – who else lives on the farm, bugs and beyond, and birds – residents and visitors.
- Rural crafts – which includes natural art, weaving with natural materials, wool craft and country side colour.
For more information or if you would like to book a visit please contact us on Telephone: 01206 735453 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org