Welcome to Wellies-On
“Tell me and I’ll forget; Show me and I might remember; Involve me and I’ll understand.”We are a 40 acre social farm (care farm) based in Abberton just outside of Colchester in the heart of the Essex countryside. A social farm brings together the care of the land, environment and animals with care of the people. A social farm opens its doors to anyone who can benefit from being out in the countryside and enjoy taking part in the daily life of a working farm. Please note that we are not a farm that is open to the general public. In order to access our therapeutic and educational services individuals need to be referred.
Find out more
Discover more about what we do
- Find out how we can bring our farm to you. Ideal for any group who would find it difficult to come to us
- Escape from the confines of the office and boardroom and discover the great outdoors with a Wellies-On team building day.
- Walk around our wheelchair accessible site and interact with all areas of the farm. A treat for all the senses.
- We offer Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning to individuals, couples and groups who want to make significant and lasting changes in their lives. Sessions are facilitated by our team of EAGALA qualified equine and mental health professionals and our herd of horses.
- Nexus actively works to support charity and is targeted to raise funds each year for the chosen charity. At Nexus you have the opportunity to put yourself ahead of your competitors by aligning yourself with their charities. Wellies-On is proud to be supported by Nexus.
I would highly recommend Wellies On to anyone looking for a good team building exercise for their staff and an opportunity to do something really rewarding at the same time. Thank you Ellie Goff and the rest of your team – we had a brilliant time!
We would just like to say thank you for joining us at Tall Trees today. The residents thoroughly enjoyed their time with your animals, especially the lovely Sparkle.