Welcome to Wellies-On
“Tell me and I’ll forget; Show me and I might remember; Involve me and I’ll understand.”We are a 40 acre social farm (care farm) based in Abberton just outside of Colchester in the heart of the Essex countryside. A social farm brings together the care of the land, environment and animals with care of the people. A social farm opens its doors to anyone who can benefit from being out in the countryside and enjoy taking part in the daily life of a working farm. Please note that we are not a farm that is open to the general public. In order to access our therapeutic and educational services individuals need to be referred.
Find out more
Discover more about what we do
- A unique opportunity for young people to recognised qualifications while participating in the day to day life of a working farm.
- We offer a nurturing environment for adults who need additional support such as those who have learning disabilities and/or those with mental health issues.
- Find out how we can bring our farm to you. Ideal for any group who would find it difficult to come to us
- Escape from the confines of the office and boardroom and discover the great outdoors with a Wellies-On team building day.
- We offer Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning to individuals, couples and groups who want to make significant and lasting changes in their lives.
- Walk around our wheelchair accessible site and interact with all areas of the farm. A treat for all the senses.
- Nexus actively works to support charity and is targeted to raise funds each year for the chosen charity. At Nexus you have the opportunity to put yourself ahead of your competitors by aligning yourself with their charities. Wellies-On is proud to be supported by Nexus.
- Our blogs provides fascinating insights in to what we do, be it on the farm or in the wider community.
Just a quick email to let you know how much Wellies On has helped J. J said Wellies On has given her the confidence to begin riding lessons – her contact with the Shetland ponies and the tuition from the Wellies On staff has inspired her! She is also planning to apply to Writtle College to do a Level 2 Animal Care course as
I would highly recommend Wellies On to anyone looking for a good team building exercise for their staff and an opportunity to do something really rewarding at the same time. Thank you Ellie Goff and the rest of your team – we had a brilliant time!